Heavy iron rolling in

good

good fer you
when I was boatbuilding I lifted an 18-tonne yacht on a single bottle jack, the floor was only 4 inch with re bar, no cracks so your floor will take anything
Oh good stuff to hear!
Haven't noticed any cracks as of yet, the slab definitely is shrinking as I noticed it pull away from the concrete wall about 1/16, but it all seems strong, especially considering how much weight is on it.

It's been a while since I've posted anything. Frankly been to busy to, moved and been working hard to get everything built up and in it's place.

Well, it's been a lot of work in a short timeframe. Poured the floor, got the walls insulated and drywalled, finally rolled everything in, in about a month. Got a couple more things to move in, but 41000 lbs of iron moved in is good enough for this weekend haha!
Big Cincinnati is 20000lbs, little cincinnati lathe is 10000, and the universal mill is 11000.
Concrete is 5" thick. 32mpa with fiber and rebar

Those machinery skates are the cats ass
View attachment 386154View attachment 386155View attachment 386156View attachment 386158
guess shrink is the norm in cooler climates, more so than here where the slab would get very warm in sun or war, in 38c days, it needs to be able to move, if it cannot it could cause cracking eh

Thus! I haveth returned haha
A semi truck showed up with the goodies, that being an older Geminis CNC oil country lathe. Got it unloaded last weekend, the two machines did not sweat lifting her despite the weight.
IMG_20230615_164211384_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230615_205724798_HDR.jpg
Took a while being they loaded it on the truck backwards, we had to pick it up from the heavy side and spin it around.
Last pic is how we brought it up onto the slab.

I often use chain saw bar oil to cover surfaces that will sit a while and I don’t want to flash rust. “Tackifiers” in the oil keep it “more or less” where I put it and its not expensive. Plus, if you have chain saws around, you probably already have a jug or two of bar oil on the shelf.

Its not perfect, but it works for me here in Atlantic Canada….

I often use chain saw bar oil to cover surfaces that will sit a while and I don’t want to flash rust. “Tackifiers” in the oil keep it “more or less” where I put it and its not expensive. Plus, if you have chain saws around, you probably already have a jug or two of bar oil on the shelf.

Its not perfect, but it works for me here in Atlantic Canada….
That's a good idea, allot of the oil I use slowly leaves the surface.
If I'm really worried about something rusting I will lather is in grease, but it's a real pain to get off.

Fluid Film.

Morning!
I got around to levelling this lathe, if anyone is curious on how I go about levelling these girls I did make a video half explaining what I do..... It was supposed to be quick, but it turned into a 20min video, whoops!

Some of you might have saw this in the "what did you buy today" thread...
We got the screw cleaned out, kinda surprised how thick that oily dusty gunk was.. diesel fuel came in handy!
Not perfect but good enough without pressure washing her.
IMG_20230722_134753659_HDR.jpgIMG_20230722_152715318_HDR.jpg

After that I got her stuck in the door and tucked into her new home, also put the pumps and conveyer controller back onto the Cincinnati mill.
IMG_20230723_132430713.jpg

Back