Heavy iron rolling in

I've had good luck with LPS3 rust preventative. It can be purchased in many formats from 10oz spray cans to 5 gallon pails.
I don't work in my shop comes this time of the year, too cold, I spray all machine surfaces with LPS3 then cover with saran wrap or equal.

I've had good luck with LPS3 rust preventative. It can be purchased in many formats from 10oz spray cans to 5 gallon pails.
I don't work in my shop comes this time of the year, too cold, I spray all machine surfaces with LPS3 then cover with saran wrap or equal.
I've used those in spray cans. Works ok. But I don't like how expensive it is for doing a number of machines. Super easy to use tho!

Oddly enough I find diesel fuel also works well, I dunk my stones in it to so they don't clog up with all the oil/grease

Humidity, and therefore rust, is an issue here in Georgia, as well. I have used a lanolin product called Fluid Film successfully for quite some time, but for an operation your size, spray cans would clearly be cost-prohibitive. I seem to recall some threads and google-search hits that gave information on homemade lanolin recipes that are far more cost efficient. Lanolin is evidently a time-tested method addressing rust prevention. It has worked great on my machines.

Regards

Took the day off of work and just finished some stuff around the shop. Got the servo, fan and wire track back on and in place.
Kinda hard to get any sense of scale so here is me holding the Z servo :)IMG_20211125_184542610~2.jpg
IMG_20211129_181002756.jpg
Slightly hefty getting it up there.

I might not do little updates like this,.. because there would be allot of them lol

Rolled the last heavy thing in the shop today. The frost was getting at it so we brought it in.IMG_20211226_123126513_HDR.jpg
Nearly dropped the thing to, only thing that saved it from going over was that chain. (We put the straps on after we re-picked it) I believe it weighs around 6500lbs even tho it's on wheels you can barely move it with two guys on 5' bars. Machinery doesn't have any issues tho
IMG_20211226_155906954.jpgIMG_20211226_175515109.jpg

good
It's been a while since I've posted anything. Frankly been to busy to, moved and been working hard to get everything built up and in it's place.

Well, it's been a lot of work in a short timeframe. Poured the floor, got the walls insulated and drywalled, finally rolled everything in, in about a month. Got a couple more things to move in, but 41000 lbs of iron moved in is good enough for this weekend haha!
Big Cincinnati is 20000lbs, little cincinnati lathe is 10000, and the universal mill is 11000.
Concrete is 5" thick. 32mpa with fiber and rebar

Those machinery skates are the cats ass
View attachment 386154View attachment 386155View attachment 386156View attachment 386158
good fer you
when I was boatbuilding I lifted an 18-tonne yacht on a single bottle jack, the floor was only 4 inch with re bar, no cracks so your floor will take anything

Back