Heavy taper, help with velocity stack how to.

Making a tool to shape the tubing and some MAP has sounds like the easy way...I'm gonna give that a shot! I'll be back if it doesn't work! These are gonna be $3000 stacks by then, it BETTER work!

It is you just have to plan it out. CNC spoils a lot of people because of the capabilities of them. The way I’d do it is to rough out the parts by turning off the majority of the material then cutting the tapers last. Still with a large block of aluminum this will take a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It doesn't "spoil" anyone it just removes all of the drudgery that doing such a job manually would entail, one would still have to know how to run a lathe job, it is not quite as simple as saying "Alexa make this part for me" (-:

It doesn't "spoil" anyone it just removes all of the drudgery that doing such a job manually would entail, one would still have to know how to run a lathe job, it is not quite as simple as saying "Alexa make this part for me" (-:
i agree with both of you....you could scan the Mona Lisa into a computer then print it...at the end of the day, you have a picture of the Mona Lisa, however, if know how to paint it from scratch, that is invaluable. If like to have the skills to be able to do.it by hand, but I don't expect to put 20 years of leaning and hands on in a few months.

Basic kit is $250. Accessories like the large radius shoe are not yet available or priced.

They mention Village Press as being their USA distributor ... but VP doesn't have this item (or the Acute Tool Sharpening System) on their site. Bummer! You'd have to go to their UK distributor.

That's cool, better buy one now before all of the lawsuits put the company out of business.
yeah man, I thought that was just my lack of experience with a metal lathe. a wood lathe, that's pretty normal, metal seems to throw some spice to the whole equation!

Back