Heavy10 Under drive adjusting bolt

The bushing (for the gear change lever thumb plunger ( say that real fast 3x)) that I boogeredup was made from grade 8 bolt. This adjusting bolt is bin stock???

I have this personal 'parameter' to diy whatever I can, it's why I got a lathe in the first place. (I wanted to do some engine turning on the dash panel of a truck I'm working on) and even though I have zero schooling with lathe's I have a mechanical background from residential gclic to auto to VCR and camcorder repair and deep tissue massage. What can I say, I'm a hands on guy.
The good part about getting a lathe from the estate of a NASA engineer is all his hand ground HSS bits...
I clearly gain ability when I use his bits.

You can try SBlatheman on Practical Machinist. I'm pretty sure Ted's an old employee of South Bend and he sells NOS parts for their lathes. He's also an encyclopedia for SB machinery if you're looking for info. His email is latheman2@aol.com

All I found were expired links@ @ PM.
I put a call in to one number and left a clear message regarding lathe- part# etc.
No reply.
So I posted here.
I'm about finished with the one I'm free handing thanks to the encouragement here.

Latheman2 fixed me up on SB parts a yr ago

Was my first thought but immediately realized where it would couple, half the nut would need to be inside the threads of the plate it's adjusting.
All finished with a new custom bolt courtesy of the other lathes and WAY to much time.

Back