Heelllooooo out there

mfim

Active User
Registered
Hi all, I own a 15 x 54 Leblond Regal. Factory re-built. Accurite as many grinders. Also, for 10 years, I worked for the machine tool rebuilder that owns the only franchise as Leblond Factory Service,. I worked in the shop and in the field. My son still works at this facility. I would be glad to jaw with you about these great old American made machines.

Hiya, I just brought home a Leblond Regal 13x42" circa 1946 (one of the "lighter" trainer models) in the process of cleaning it up, not doing a total restoration yet as I want to get it up and running and start learning to use the machine. I got pretty lucky the gears in the head and QC box look brand new, infact I don't the lathe has ever turned any threads as the screw looks like it has no wear on it at all. Can't wait to see what this machine can do!

mfim congrats on the new/old Leblond. I'm looking for one currently and am trying to do my research now. I have an Emco V10P and want to upgrade to a Leblond in the 10 to 15 inch range. So I'm gathering anything I can read about them. I'm in Calif as well.

Zach Thank you for posting up. I may be picking your brain a bit on what to look for and look out for.

none of my hobby stuff I do requires a big lathe and a 15x30 is about as big as I'm looking.

Thank you,
Lane

mfim congrats on the new/old Leblond. I'm looking for one currently and am trying to do my research now. I have an Emco V10P and want to upgrade to a Leblond in the 10 to 15 inch range. So I'm gathering anything I can read about them. I'm in Calif as well.

Zach Thank you for posting up. I may be picking your brain a bit on what to look for and look out for.

none of my hobby stuff I do requires a big lathe and a 15x30 is about as big as I'm looking.

Thank you,
Lane
Never saw a hearse with a luggage rack.
Try to get into the 1960's ( square headstock Regals) They come in manual and "Servo-shift for
spindle speeds. Stick with manual if possible. About 75% of the Servo-shifts were not properly maintained over the years. Average Joe cannot rebuild the unit properly. Easy to get 500 to 1200 in parts and same in labor. But if you can run it b4 buying, and it shifts in all gears ok. Change the oil and filter and make chips. Parts AND service and manuals and SOME free advice on repair and maintence is available by dialing 1-888-LEBLOND, then listen and follow the prompts. Don:biggrin:

Last edited:
Hiya, I just brought home a Leblond Regal 13x42" circa 1946 (one of the "lighter" trainer models) in the process of cleaning it up, not doing a total restoration yet as I want to get it up and running and start learning to use the machine. I got pretty lucky the gears in the head and QC box look brand new, infact I don't the lathe has ever turned any threads as the screw looks like it has no wear on it at all. Can't wait to see what this machine can do!

Look on the bed, tail end, operator side, top. Should be a letter followed by serial #. Have this ready and call the number ( on above post ) prompt for lathe [ parts ]. for free they will tell you year built, who purchased it, if parts were ordered thru the years, ( by whom ) The manuals are very detailed on maintence and parts and drawings of ALL components. Also very detailed on operation. Worth the $.
Have fun. Don:biggrin:

I just picked up a 13" LaBlond Regal about 3 weeks ago, It set in a open building for awhile and had some surface rust. I've been cleaning it up in my spare time and the rust is coming of prety easy.

I've changes the oil in it puilled the cross slide compound and taper attachment cleaned painted them and put them back.

I have run it some and it seems pretty smooth. picture of it is just getting it in place.

Paul

Inplace.JPG

Look on the bed, tail end, operator side, top. Should be a letter followed by serial #. Have this ready and call the number ( on above post ) prompt for lathe [ parts ]. for free they will tell you year built, who purchased it, if parts were ordered thru the years, ( by whom ) The manuals are very detailed on maintence and parts and drawings of ALL components. Also very detailed on operation. Worth the $.
Have fun. Don:biggrin:

Thanks Don, I actually email Leblond with my serial number as soon as I got it home here is info they had for me:
[FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Serial Number: B9450[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]13”X42” LeBlond Regal[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]440V/3PH/60CY[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]4. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Shipped to a customer in San Francisco, CA.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ship Date” January 30, 1946[/FONT]

I also got the manual "Running A Regal" on its way from an online vendor for $10, looking forward to reading it.

-Zach

Thanks Don, I actually email Leblond with my serial number as soon as I got it home here is info they had for me:
[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Serial Number: B9450[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]13”X42” LeBlond Regal[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]440V/3PH/60CY[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]4. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Shipped to a customer in San Francisco, CA.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ship Date” January 30, 1946[/FONT]

I also got the manual "Running A Regal" on its way from an online vendor for $10, looking forward to reading it.

-Zach

I love this old American made Iron. Leblond splidle bearings are cup and cone type Timken class 3 Precision. Easily adjustable. All shafts in the head are supported on both ends by cup and cone brgs. or ball brgs. That is my REGAL behind me in my profile pic. Holding 2 rifles I built.

I a'm getting information on a leblond 13x42 for sale. Once I find out details I will post and hopefully someone can give me an idea on value of this machine

David

I need to find the taper attachment bed clamp for a 13" Reagal, or get a drawing to build one.

Paul

Back