Heelllooooo out there

View attachment 37922

I am pretty certain that these dimension will be the same for a 13" regal. Hope that helps!

Zack
Thanks for taking the time to post that, I had gotten a drawing from the Yahoo Group and it nis off a few muserments. But if I end up making one I"ll mod thhose 2.

Paul

Anybody have any thoughts on market value of this machine. Looking at some pictures, it looks to be early 60's.

Thanks

David

Hi David Sorry I have been absent for a few days. Don,t get as concerned about the exact year machine was built, but more concerned with condition. Also missing parts can be very expensive depending on what they are.If you can put power to it and run it, That alone could add 25% to the price in my past experience. A big plus in my book!!! In Michigan, a loose, well used, run hard, put away wet, approx $1,800. Good as you desccribe with attachments & tooling, approx $5,000. The one I am standing in front of is a 1965. Don

Hi Don, thanks for response. I have been busy also. I have backed off for now. Will make another offer in couple of weeks if still for sale.

Thanks
David

Hi all, I own a 15 x 54 Leblond Regal. Factory re-built. Accurite as many grinders. Also, for 10 years, I worked for the machine tool rebuilder that owns the only franchise as Leblond Factory Service,. I worked in the shop and in the field. My son still works at this facility. I would be glad to jaw with you about these great old American made machines.

Just an introduction....
I first had my hands on a LeBlond Regal when I was in Junior High School shop class. I'm nearly 75 now, and so that was a long long time ago. A few years ago I picked up a rather pristine LeBlond Regal 12", just exactly like the one I used so long ago. It is serial B2323....which puts its birth in early 1937. It came with a huge amount of tooling, and was in amazingly good condition, with only a stuck chuck to deal with...a PIA...no common method would remove it (heat, dry ice, massive force, penetrants, etc.) so I machined off the chuck backing plate and made a new one. Three-jaw chuck runout is under 0.00075, ways are very good. Taper attachment, toolpost grinder attachment, 8 and 10" three and four jaw chucks....and boxes more of stuff, some of which I haven't the foggiest idea of how to use, or what it is for.
I've had do to little else to the lathe besides the chuck mounting plate, besides cleanup, some adjusting, and little things like making new wipers. The hand wheel and tube were missing.LeBlondRegal.jpg

The only thing I don't have that would be nice is a mill. I have most every other type of needed machine.
Rob

LeBlondRegal.jpg

Just an introduction....

I failed to mention ...too quick on the ENTER button....that I am a Member of the LeBlond Lathe Group on Yahoo Groups.
Lots of information on that group, in the files, etc.
Rob

Back