Hello again,

hdistock

Registered
Registered
[h=2][/h]
need some help, while clean & checking out my Logan 820 I found that the shifter rack, didn't work. It would jump out of gear, I traced the problem to a missing latch key. I removed it to count teeth (13) anyone have one? (to sell) anyway now it looks like I have to remove the shaft asm. to reinstall, because it works in the reverse action, so my question anything I should be awhere of ? May I have one more question, how tight to make the drive belt? I bought a new one from Logan, just wondering, thanks again
Bill​

I was also missing the latch key from my 820. I made one from a piece of a fender washer (the only flat stock I had that was the right thickness). I drilled the hole using a drill press and everything else was hacksaw, grinder and file. The spring came from the hardware store and the pin a small piece of rod that came from my stash of useful little salvaged stuff (maybe from an old printer or VCR). It actually didn't take long to make the latch key. It did take a bit of trial and error to get it right.

The manual has a little bit about adjusting the belt. I have mine set so that it just tightens when the cover is closed. Mine could probably be a bit tighter but a little slipping keeps me out of trouble while I'm learning. The screw at the back of the top belt cover is used to adjust the flat belt tension. If you have it too tight the cover won't close.

so let me ask, is there any other way to reinstall the shaft asm, with out taking the driven gear asm out?
thanks Bill

You don't need to remove anything in order to install the back gear shaft/lever. You should join the yahoo group that is run by Scott Logan. In the files section there are detailed instructions on how to install/adjust this item.

The back gears are on an eccentric shaft. You basically move that assembly with your hand so the gear engages the grooves in the shaft.

Steve

Back