Hello All. Newbi Here With A New Pm1236

We must have ordered our PM1236's at the same time..I got mine when you did, but just got it on my stand yesterday. You were brave not to have that strap cinched around your bed!

By the way, do you know what the white piece, sitting on the way just below the chuck (in your picture) is? Mine came with this too, but I haven't seen any other pics with this.

Thanks for the info Toz. Your right each cabinet has 4 mounting holes in the bottom. I believe they are 3/4" holes. I thought about making something like you described but I was figuring it needed a pretty good size foot print to not be shaky up top. And I did put sealer between the cabinets and chip tray and also between the chip tray and the lathe

Any chance we could see how your lathe feet are done?

Welcome to the club... I also am a newbie and there are vast amounts of information and many extremely knowledgeable machinists here, all willing to help.
Enjoy the ride and start makin' some chips. Bill

From that far, the white part looks like some kind of micro adjust carriage stopper. But I cannot be sure.

Are you still happy with the PM1236 a year later? It's one of the lathes I have my eye on. Unfortunately all the PM lathes are on backorder right now, but I'm still considering it.

Are you still happy with the PM1236 a year later? It's one of the lathes I have my eye on. Unfortunately all the PM lathes are on backorder right now, but I'm still considering it.

From everything I've read when looking for a lathe I would go with PM, or a Grizzly G4003G or better.

In that class of machine, seriously consider the upgrade to cast iron stand. On my 1440gs it does an amazing job over the old enco1340 with steel base. The 12"-14" class machines from grizzly and pm are close enough you can pick whichever one has the best features for you.

Hth
Rich

Back