Hello All

Jimmy Sims

Registered
Registered
Hello All -

I'm completely new to this adventure except for a little I have done with my grandfather and dad when I was younger.

My father has decided to take up camping after he retired and has take off down to Arizona currently hunting for gold and left me alone in the shop to play. I wish when I was younger and around more often I was out there with him learning more.

Currently I'm just cleaning up the shop and organizing stuff seems like stuff is just thrown around and some of the equipment have been easy to find out about but i'm having trouble finding out about this mill sorry just noticed I didn't take a picture of the full mill and will take one tonight and post this thread.

I have not had very much luck searching the internet. I keep finding a Fritz Werner which the names are different and warner tooling which could be them but currently they are making items for guns.

Any help would be appreciated I'm trying to get an owner manual and such on each piece of equipment.

IMG_0411.jpgIMG_0412.jpgIMG_0424.jpg

I'd suspect Warner Tool and Machine was a retail outfit, who had this, and other, machines made with their label on them. Someone will be along shortly to tell you more.

That's my guess as well. Other than the labels, the machine looks a lot like a Bridgeport mill. The text on the plates and the look of what we can see anyway.

Definitely a clone. Clones are farily close copies of Bridgeports, so most of the tooling is completely interchangeable. The parts themselves are often not interchangeable, from clone to BP, and often not from clone to clone. BP uses English sizing, clones use metric sizing, well, mostly, most of the time. What you see is what you have. Clones can certainly do good work, and there are many happy users of them out there. The good news it that you should not often break or wear out stuff if you use and maintain the mill properly. They are pretty robust.

Hello All -

I'm completely new to this adventure except for a little I have done with my grandfather and dad when I was younger.

My father has decided to take up camping after he retired and has take off down to Arizona currently hunting for gold and left me alone in the shop to play. I wish when I was younger and around more often I was out there with him learning more.

Currently I'm just cleaning up the shop and organizing stuff seems like stuff is just thrown around and some of the equipment have been easy to find out about but i'm having trouble finding out about this mill sorry just noticed I didn't take a picture of the full mill and will take one tonight and post this thread.

I have not had very much luck searching the internet. I keep finding a Fritz Werner which the names are different and warner tooling which could be them but currently they are making items for guns.

Any help would be appreciated I'm trying to get an owner manual and such on each piece of equipAny luck finding more information?ment.

Look on the knee and see if it has any stamped numbers.
Might just answer a question or two

Back