Help ID this tooling?!?

lwburnham

Active User
Registered
I acquired this tooling a while back from an estate auction. While I am new to hobby machining, I to know what most of the tooling does/its purpose, but I don't know what it goes to. I've asked around to some local guys and no one seems to know, so I was hoping I could get some help here. So here are my questions.

- What do these tools fit? Is it a specific milling machine?
- What would to guesstimate all of this to me worth?
- Is anyone here interested in any of it? I can not use any of it and would be willing to sell it in hopes of making my money back or trading it for something I can use on my lathe.

I appreciate your input.

Lanny

This has been viewed 50+ times and no one has any idea what type of machine they go to? Yikes, I might be in trouble.

What kind of Lathe do you have ? And what tooling are you looking for ?
**G**

Counter bores, Shell mills, I think that the cylinders with the slots on the sides are adjustable expanding reamers, I've got some similar.
It's difficult to comment on each without identifiers for me to reference or individual posts to which I can comment individually.

Daryl
MN

Counter bores, Shell mills, I think that the cylinders with the slots on the sides are adjustable expanding reamers, I've got some similar.
It's difficult to comment on each without identifiers for me to reference or individual posts to which I can comment individually.

Daryl
MN

What about the arbors? Some are keyed and tapered? What type of machine would they be used in specifically?

What kind of Lathe do you have ? And what tooling are you looking for ?
**G**

I have an old Leblond 13" lathe. I am brand new to this hobby and don't really have anything in the form of tooling. I have a knurling tool, a couple of armstrong holders with a few hss bits and thats it. No boring, threading, cut off stuff. Looking for anything that is usable that I can learn with. Would love to trade this stuff off some some things like that.

Hey Gator here is your test. Hopefully everything works!

Are you using a lantern tool post?
Square turret?
What is your tailstock taper?
Do you know the # on the Armstrong tool holders you have?
I'm not convinced us hobbists need carbide. HSS is cheaper to purchase and easier to maintain.

Daryl
MN

Are you using a lantern tool post?
Square turret?
What is your tailstock taper?
Do you know the # on the Armstrong tool holders you have?
I'm not convinced us hobbists need carbide. HSS is cheaper to purchase and easier to maintain.

Daryl
MN

Daryl,
While I have a later tool post holder, I also have a square (one sided) holder that I typically use.
Tail stock taper is a MT #3
Armstrong holders are No 2
I have a couple Clark # 61 aslo.

Are you interested in any of the tooling I have in the pics?

Back