Help identify old lathe

If I recall correctly, ten years ago the total headstock rebuild for my 10" Wards was a little more than $600.
These were Scott Logan bearings and bushings. This was my first rebuild. He patiently walked me through each step. Unlikely you will get that kind of help from your local bearing supplier.
Between Scott and HM you should be able to get any/all questions answered.

Daryl
MN
Vintage iron!!
Bed looks longer than standard issue.

Daryl
MN
I didn't notice that....you're right. That looks to be about 3' between centers.

Barring there being anything major league wrong with it, $800 is a decent price.
I spent $750 on my 210 20+ years ago.
I personally don't see anything wrong with a flat belt drive. A Vee or gearhead is definitely stronger but a flat belt will work just fine.

Well I bought it for $700.
It definitely needs some cleaning, and I think the rolling desk/table contraption will be the first thing to go.
Has a few accessories that came with it that he wasn't sure what they were or if they even went with the lathe.
He bought a new belt and clamped a piece of angle iron to keep it from slipping off..

rWZzxWP.jpg
BdWgtHQ.jpg
c3YEOUd.jpg
YCRXw64.jpg
qZAP8F4.jpg
6u50rQh.jpg
HDQG2DN.jpg
EYiYe8Y.jpg
lOpLi7d.jpg
kYgFRv1.jpg
EhCjv3y.jpg

Well I bought it for $700.
It definitely needs some cleaning, and I think the rolling desk/table contraption will be the first thing to go.
Has a few accessories that came with it that he wasn't sure what they were or if they even went with the lathe.

Congratulations Pat!
Getting your own first lathe is very exciting.
As you have seen above, we have a very friendly and knowledgeable group here. So if you run into any issues or questions, ask away
-brino

You did good. Don't be afraid to ask for help as you're getting it fixed up.

Back