Help identifying antique drill press

I use one of these:

That’ looks awesome! It would definitely help , and the fine feed is what I am looking for, mine is great in most other senses. Ergonomics is my second priority, with that paddle control, but this may end up being the best value.

Thanks for sharing.

I used these to drill #70 holes in stainless jet engine gas rings when I worked for the Navy. Work Fantastic!

Scott you may be interested in the pneumatic ARO self-feed drills ---they are activated by an air foot or hand switch and drill at a regulated down feed and depth control--and return automatically--lots of other companies make their versions also---air gives you the high speed for tiny bits and the accuracy for quick control--they have large and small models----Dave

Scott you may be interested in the pneumatic ARO self-feed drills ---they are activated by an air foot or hand switch and drill at a regulated down feed and depth control--and return automatically--lots of other companies make their versions also---air gives you the high speed for tiny bits and the accuracy for quick control--they have large and small models----Dave
Another thing to look into, thanks. Never thought of air powered devices like that.

OT, but- Samsquanch, you realize you've terrified Bubbles for years, right?

OT, but- Samsquanch, you realize you've terrified Bubbles for years, right?
Always glad when someone else knows it, such a funny show.
1587318441993.png

Yeah it is. Swearnet member here. Those guys crack me up.
For sure, don't think there's a time I laughed harder, been quite a few years though.

Decided to go with the sensitive feed, my press has a precision spindle and really just needs this feed modification. Got the chuck off it's JT0, since it doesn't appear any 1/2" capacity chucks are made for JT0 I had to drop the MT1 spindle out too. Just have to decide on a larger enough chuck for that 1/2" shank and get it in. Photo's later.

I was luck to score a custom built drill press, intended for bone graft machining in a cleanable environment. Not much to look at with all the covers that seal it left on, but pretty neat on the inside...

Back