Help ID'ing a Monarch

lowlife

Registered
Registered
This has been available for over a month now. The pictures are poor and the current owner can't find a tag to ID it. There is one pic that seems like it could help in the identification of it.. It looks pre WW2 he thought 1938-44 as it looks similar to the ones he works with. Looks like a "C" but is not exactly the same

Heres the story as told to me. He bought it near me from where his dad worked. He supposedly works in a fabrication shop and wanted it for his personal use but said when he got it home it was much larger than he had anticipated. He bought it a month ago and has been trying to sell it. He said he saw it work and hos dad had used it as well. It comes with a 3 and 4 jaw chuck a rest and some misc tooling. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks JK

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/bfs/4222047269.html

Its about 3 hours north of me and my plan was to look at it soon.

Last edited:
Those pictures are terrible. Maybe you could ask the guy to take some better pics.

Might be an early C model. Bad pics, for sure. I wish I had that steady rest.

yeah it looks like a model C, the tailstock isnt original though. I'd guess 16" swing with 18 inch actual clearance. Monarchs are beasties, but that one looks like it has had some rough owners. still if it runs and you can use it, i say go for it (not at that price though!). cleaned and oiled up she'll make cuts that would scare a SB or logan.

Back