Help me decide on a 1" x 42" belt grinder

Thanks Mike & Ken. Will definitely let you guys know what I think about it. Thank you guys for this thread & reminding me that I "needed" it & for helping me spend money that I shouldn't be. :)

BTW, if anyone is interested. The Zoro sale is 10% OFF $125+, 15% OFF $175+, 20% OFF $250+, 25% OFF $400+. Code JULYSAVE, good until the 19th.

And today only, ebay sale $25 off $119 which is an odd one, code PRIMO119. Haha ebay taking a stab at Amazon again, $119 is what Amazon Prime membership costs.

Got it today, yay! Just pulled it out the box to check for any damage & power it on. I think I'm gonna like this one! Unfortunately I have to put it back in the box & will have to wait a while before I can really play with it but at least I finally have it now!

20180718_122910.jpg

will have to wait a while before I can really play with it but at least I finally have it now!
While you're waiting, maybe it's a good idea to order a few of those ceramic belts, like 40, 80 120 grit,,like Mikey said ,I'm just doing my job.:D

While you're waiting, maybe it's a good idea to order a few of those ceramic belts, like 40, 80 120 grit,,like Mikey said ,I'm just doing my job.:D

Ok, will do. Been needing tomplace an order with Mcmaster soon anyway.

All good, only fair that it's my turn, I've helped people spend plenty of money in the past. ;)

I did not see this thread when it was first posted, but if this thread comes up in a search, here is my modifications for the Jet 2x48. I flattened both sides of the platen, and used a 2x3 box tubing profiled, and welded to the platen, then added the ceramic face.

Back