Help Me Get Shapering!

I'll do some searching, give me some time though.

Ok found it! Measures 1" on the outside and .5" bore, here's a picture.

Attachments

• IMG_1755.JPG
    IMG_1755.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 143
Yea, that looks like it!

The measurements check out on my machine.

Lemme ask a question while I’m here.

I just did a small shaper project. I put some flat spots on a couple of shaft collars. It went well but after running a bit I noticed the sideways feed on the table would occasionally stop ratcheting.

Instead I observed the graduated feed dial going back and forth with the ratchet housing. I ended up having to keep some pressure on the square drive of the feed screw with my fingers to get the ratchet to work properly.

I’m guessing this means I just have to tighten up the preload on the feed screw? Like the table is simply moving too freely to hold against the return stroke of the ratchet?

Lemme ask a question while I’m here.

I just did a small shaper project. I put some flat spots on a couple of shaft collars. It went well but after running a bit I noticed the sideways feed on the table would occasionally stop ratcheting.

Instead I observed the graduated feed dial going back and forth with the ratchet housing. I ended up having to keep some pressure on the square drive of the feed screw with my fingers to get the ratchet to work properly.

I’m guessing this means I just have to tighten up the preload on the feed screw? Like the table is simply moving too freely to hold against the return stroke of the ratchet?
I ran into that and found the table gibs too loose. Tightened up just a tweak and no problem since.

Back