Help me pick test indicator and holder

Well, I can't believe there is no end to the questions. So I started to order a Noga DG Fine Base Adjust.
The choice is DG 10503 or 10533. They are 3/8 or 8mm.
Looks like the Compac 514 comes with 4mm and 8mm stems.
Looks like the Noga available here is the 3/8 model.

Are the dovetails the same on all indicators?
Is the dovetail clamp the same on both Nogas?
Do I need to order the 6mm, 8mm, 3/8, clamp attachment?

More enlightenment, please.
Thanks,
Joe

I have the Noga NF61003 and the dovetails on my Shars and Compac both fit fine.

Don't know if this has been mentioned since I didn't read all the replies anyway when my interrapid started acting screwy I found msi viking gauge had brown and Sharpe best test indicators on sale for 50 percent off so I ordered one from them only to be disappointed that they were back orders 6 weeks so I ended up ordering a cheapie from shars to get my vise Trammed in they usually have some good sales on msi viking may be worth a look I got my mititoyo 6 inch digital calipers on sale tare and a mitutoyo 1 inch digital micrometer they have the best prices I've found on genuine products I've found some good prices on ebay but I'm afraid to order that stuff on there cause of the amount of knockffs and ebay doesn't really seem to care about people selling knockoffs as genuine products

I just received a Compac 214GA - landed cost at the house $245 Cdn - not cheap but very nice unit smooth as silk so thanks for the lead Mikey,

I received the Compac 214GA I ordered. Got here in about 5 days. Seems to be new and perfect.
Thanks for pointing it out, Mikey.
Noga should be here this week.
Thanks for everyones help.

Joe

Just got a reply from MSC. The best test dti’s are now made in China! If there isn’t a Swiss made label then it’s coo is China. All earlier models are Swiss. AFAIK Interapid, TesaTast, Compac are all Swiss. What a shame.

Tesa B&S Switzerland also confirmed that the Best Test is only 40% Swiss. Main components are Swiss made and then it's assembled in China, since early 2017.

Update: I purchased one of the Compac 214GAs from the above listed CDN EBay seller. I got it for a good discount since it was the last one. When it arrived, I could see that the dial face was a bit yellow, so I warranties it with Tesa.

Tesa replaced the unit. They sent me a brand new sealed 214GA. Turns out, it also had a broken bearing. Buyer beware.

The eBay seller just didn’t know. I was give an additional discount, but this update is a word of caution for those buying precision gages on EBay.

Back