Help me spend my money on a TIG welder!

It's a tad lighter than the Hobart but it's definitely longer and taller. The cart's a bit too small for it but I had already bought it in anticipation of the welder so I modified it a bit to make it work.

47925391798_b167465940.jpg

47925381002_286f07d636.jpg

The Weld Kart is usually the first thing someone builds when the buy a new welder.
That way you can set it up to fit your specific welder and accessories like a future water cooler, rod tube storage rack or a plasma torch on a lower shelf.

The Weld Kart is usually the first thing someone builds when the buy a new welder.
That way you can set it up to fit your specific welder and accessories like a future water cooler, rod tube storage rack or a plasma torch on a lower shelf.

Very true, I'm more of a "can't even get material for the price of this cart, I'll just modify it to suit my immediate needs..." kinda guy. 12 yrs later the Hobart's still on the same cart and works well enough I've left it alone :p

The foot pedal is new to me so I'm not good with it (a few weeks worth of scratch tig experience with a DC stick welder prior to this purchase) but this welder seems to weld way better than my skill level. Pretty happy with it so far.

47970119461_4770316a31_o.jpg

Back