Help me take apart my PM25MV

Wonderclam

Registered
Registered
The X and Y axis are getting hard to move, I'm trying to take it apart to clean the ways.

I took off the Y axis handle and moved the bed closer to me, but it stops at a point and will not move anymore. Same with the X axis. I don't see anything hitting anything. I've already taken apart the DRO, the rubber sleeve, etc...

I've only taken off the table (X axis) so far to move the mill into my basement. So, I can't help with the Y axis.

To remove the table, I had to remove the left "plate" which also required removing the hand wheel. Then, I kept unscrewing the table to the right until it finally came off. The last bit was tough. I would recommend loosening or removing the gib for this. Note that this table is heavy and requires support as it comes off.

I took off the handle on the right side and unbolted the 2 bolts that hold the piece in place. I then moved the table to the left, but I get stuck at the end. The piece with the 2 bolts will not come off, either. Not sure what's holding it.

Mine had a couple of dowel pins in addtion to the two screws.

Does it show which way to punch the pins? I want to take mine off, too

Yeah, the pins are only there for locating the flange. They can stay in the table. After removing the screws, I used a small screwdriver to slowly pry the flange off the table. It wasn't easy coming off, but once it gets started, it gets a lot easier.

I'm having second thoughts about taking it out. I might have issues putting the table back due to how heavy it is.

hah... broke my X axis DRO scale... forgot to remove it while trying to take out the table

Back