Help on wiring a Rong Fu mill

Ok , Mark, I apologize, I got out of Church, had lunch with family, made an appointment with a guy to look at some junk. Came home , went over to a friends house that had a mutual friend building a deck for him. Helped a little and waited for money man to show up...... He wasn’t pleased..... mutual friend was disappointed , **** hit the fan...Yada, ya da.....
Will try to see what your diagram will do! Will check it out tomorrow! Thanks, Bones

If I can? Lol and do wire it up like the diagram and something is wrong or I get it wrong and plug it in....what will happen? Will I burn something up? Or just trip the circuit breaker? Also what size circuit breaker should I run on this mill? I will check and see what breaker I have in my panel. It is probably too big as the plug in there has the big four prong outlet. I will get the horsepower of the mill motor this afternoon. Thanks !

Bones

Worst case probably only a tripped breaker. On 240 volts a 1 hp motor will draw about 6 amps. A 15 amp or 20 amp breaker would be OK to protect your house wiring. If the breaker feeds other circuits and is large like 50 amp, you might consider adding another small sub-panel and breaker for the mill
You can shoot me a couple pix of your wiring before you fire it up, if there's an error I'll catch it

Last edited:
Ok thanks, I will!.... will it damage my mill motor, if I get something wrong, with the correct breaker?

Bones

I vouch for Mark he's awsome throwing the breaker is no biggie. If I can get these machines going anybody can. You can do it and when you do you will have a little more confidence.

Ok, will get back with you, as soon as possible! Have some pressing items on my agenda, right now. Let get those out of my hair, and we‘ll give it a try. I will probably have to install another lower amperage outlet fir this mill . Right now all I have is the large welder outlet. So a trip to Lowes is in my future.

Bones

Ok, will get back with you, as soon as possible! Have some pressing items on my agenda, right now. Let get those out of my hair, and we‘ll give it a try. I will probably have to install another lower amperage outlet fir this mill . Right now all I have is the large welder outlet. So a trip to Lowes is in my future.

Bones
test reply to other post replies

Not sure what that last post was about? Sorry guys about the disapearing act, but I have a tone of irons in the fire and sometimes put things on the back burner for long periods of time. Kinda getting back in my machines now. Looking at buying another one! Lol Bones

Back