Help please to identify these tool attachments

If the hole in the bullet shaped piece runs through, it might be used for winding springs.

If it's a hole for very fine wire, it may be for winding electromagnetic coils.

It has a cutter visible best in the first photo. It is basically two pieces, the part below the round tube ( it does have a small hole thru it) that holds the cutter slides to and away from the tube. No signs of wear on the tube to show it was used as a dead center. There are bite marks from being clamped, possibly in a turret?
......lots of knowledge here on HM. Someone will have a clue.

Attachments

• EB3A638A-386B-4E77-B16A-8D64798EF5CF.jpeg
    EB3A638A-386B-4E77-B16A-8D64798EF5CF.jpeg
    661.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
One of the photos hints at a built-in motion toward the piece with a divot in it. Coming from the electronics industry, I',m thinking it might be a fixture to cut the outer conductor of hard coax for an RF connector. Probably way wrong...maybe

To me it looks home made. The part that holds the round tube is held to the body with two machine screws whose heads overhang the edge of the piece. The machine screw that holds the round piece is coming in at an angle on the corner. The chamfers look hand filed. Might have been a special purpose one off, could make its use hard to identify.

Could be a box type turret lathe cutter for rounding a tube end . Just my take

Back