Help Reading A Drawing

shown below. means depth. I have never used it in my drafting classes. I had to search Google to find it. Not sure what the designer is having you do. You are drilling and taping then re-drilling the same hole. A three place decimal could be a reamed on size hole as well. There should have been a front view of the drawing showing the holes for clarity.

The Best with your project.
It is a confusing drawing! tbell is right; it is a clearance hole for M6.

That said, there is no drill spec for the tapped holes. The convention that I normally would use is as shown below. Drill .0983 hole to .300 depth, tap M3 x .5 to .2400 depth. If I wanted to provide for clearance hole above, say for a shoulder bolt, it would be on a third line expressed as a counterbore ( l_l , my attempt at the c/bore symbol:)) giving diameter [ c/bore symbol] c/bore depth. A final note: the drill depth is to the shoulder of the drill, not the point.
Tapped Hole Callout.JPG

The op hasn't been back yet. But he didn't show the whole drawing. So there is probly somethings we haven't seen.

Looking for anyone who has machined Hymark snowmobile heads. I plotted it with a dial but if anyone has the actual dimensions, I would be eternally grateful. They are off an RMK 700. Thanks in advance.

Thanks everybody for your help! The drawings are some that I found on the internet for a ball turner and they seem to be missing some crucial info in some areas for a beginner. I did have to do some adjustments as .5oo on all the holes would have left hardly any threads on the 2 outer holes. That is why I was confused, seems it should have read a different depth for the middle hole than the 2 outer ones.

Back