[How do I?] Help! Trying to figure out wiring on my new to me mill!

The power feed is probably 120 volt only, the spindle motor could be wired for 120 or 240 I believe
m

Ok so I think I got this thing figured out. The sticker on the junction box that says 110v 220v is correct, as there is 220V being brought in, and also there is 110v in it to provide power for the power feed and DRO. So it will only run on 220v and can't be converted over. So I phoned an electrician buddy and he can install the proper 220V 4 wire plug for me for around $200 or so. One problem I have is that I would like to test the machine to see if it works before I get the plug installed. Would it be ok to wire a 3 wire plug on the end of the cord and plug it into the plug for my lathe to test? Lathe plug is 220V, and of course I would leave the power feed and DRO unplugged to test the motor. Thanks all

That would probably be OK, but be prepared to shut off the power quickly if there is a problem
good luck and be safe
The Craftex B048 may have been sold by other manufacturers such as Grizzly, Jet, or Busy Bee with a different model number. You might have a look online and see if you can turn up a manual/wiring diagram that way
mark

Last edited:
Back