Help will milling some aluminum

Seventyseven

Registered
Registered
Hello everyone. I’m new to this forum. I’ve always been fascinated metal working and metal working machinery in general, but never have the time to learn. I probably will invest some time and money into learning and purchasing my own equipment at some point. For now I’d like to find a local hobbyist that can help me with the occasional project. I will pay for the service of course. I find it very difficult to find a machine shop to do small jobs. Even if they’re willing to do it, the cost is very high.
I’m in the Houston area. If anyone is willing to help small jobs occasionally please let me know. I will pay you for your service. Also in return, I have a plasma cutter, welder and metal bandsaw if you need to cut or weld something.

welcome to the forum!
i'm sure there is someone in TX that can help.
but, if you have difficulty finding help, i'm happy to help if i can.
i live in CA, so we'd have to ship parts back and forth.
feel free to message me, if you need assistance

It would probably help if you could post a drawing of what you would like someone to make so they have an idea if it is within their ability and tooling.

Real shops usually want large orders as setup is the largest amount of time.

Currently I don’t have anything to make from scratch. What I need done now is very simple. I need help milling down 3 aluminum draw bars for my hitch. They’re currently at 3” and 2.5”. I need to mill it down to 2” to fit a 2” receiver.
Thank you for the advice though. In the future I will post some pics.

Seventy seven,

I live in Alvin. Can I be of service to you?

Barry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Seventyseven
I'd be willing to help. But Pops is much closer. I live at the North end of Toledo Bend Lake. If I can help you out let me know.
Chuck

I just bought a Precision Matthews lathe. It will be here before too long. I would be happy to help. I live in Spring, TX (north side of Houston).

Justin

Back