Help with a fagor controller

cncmadman

Registered
Registered
I am fairly new to CNC. I am working with a fagor 8055m on a bridgeport mill. One can only run a program from Ram memory on this machine. It says I have 714K free bytes of memory but when I try to load a simple slot program made with Fusion 360 it says there no room in memory. The program is only 2132 bytes.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

My Mill has a Linux machine connected to it. ;) Sorry I could help ya.
Anyway, You say you have 714kb free memory but the program requires 2132? Is that after loading the F360 code?

So it seems you should have 731,000 BYTES of space and only need to use 714 bytes. I know someone I believe should know something about this, I will shoot the question best I can to him. Hopefully someone here can advise before then.

I have found a way to run from the hard disc. But Yes the RAM says 714K free bytes. Myprogram is 2132 bytes. I want to be able to run from the RAM as well as the hard drive. It makes no sense to me.

what tool is reporting that Myprogram is 2132? Is it the Fagor controller itself or a PC? Have you tried loading a stupid simple program with minimal instructions like "M5". Will that load and run? How big does your tool say a file with a single instruction is? If you can load a simple one instruction program, how much RAM does the Fabor say it is using?

It is the Fagor program that says it does not have enough memory. We use this machine to run conversational programs which i deleted alot of.
That is a G code program. It is 3 slots. I reduced it to just over 1000byte and it would run.

Back