Help with a gift!

SaraD

Registered
Registered
Hello,
I am just working on getting a gift together for my husband for our anniversary and was hoping for a little help. He is an experienced machisist with a home shop with all sorts of contraptions in it. At one point I over heard him saying he would like parallel pliars and T wrench Allen wrenches. Just wondering if anyone can give me any gift advise or if you know what these things are what would be some good ones? Any help is appreciated!!

I can help with the T wrench solution. You can get English size, metric, or a set of both. Here's an English size set:
https://www.amazon.com/Bondhus-1339...wrench+allen&qid=1567794251&s=gateway&sr=8-10

I'm guessing that he'd probably appreciate both, though, so here's the metric set:
https://www.amazon.com/Bondhus-1538...wrench+allen&qid=1567794417&s=gateway&sr=8-34

These are only examples; Amazon has hundreds of brands and set sizes.

...and be happy that a new lathe or mill wasn't on his wish list!

Last edited:
I would say if you don't have the exact item he's looking for it might be better to buy from a local source where exchanges are easy.

Back when I worked at Harbor Freight I would often suggest to people in your situation that they should buy an anvil and gift wrap it with the receipt. Nobody ever took me up on that but imagine the surprise on his face when presented with a gift he can barely lift;)

Wait though, if he's not already on here maybe a membership to hobby-machinist.com would be good....

Cheers,

John

I would say if you don't have the exact item he's looking for it might be better to buy from a local source where exchanges are easy.

Back when I worked at Harbor Freight I would often suggest to people in your situation that they should buy an anvil and gift wrap it with the receipt. Nobody ever took me up on that but imagine the surprise on his face when presented with a gift he can barely lift;)

Wait though, if he's not already on here maybe a membership to hobby-machinist.com would be good....

Cheers,

John
Hey John great Idea for a gift. Wish I would have thought of that. The reason I suggested Amazon is it is so easy to return or exchange purchases from Amazon. They pay postage and send you a shipping label prepaid.

Parallel pliers are a good gift if you get good quality ones. The best are made by Sargent.
I have a pair of 1006 Sargent pliers that I have had for about 40 years, and they still look and perform like new. They are not the cheapest, they are the best and will last a lifetime. When you need them, they are really nice to have...

Cheap import copies are a waste of time...

You are a wonderful wife, Many wives really hate their hubbies hobbies, and would never support them.

I also agree that the above mentioned tools are all real good stuff.

FWIW, I have both the inch and the metric sets of Bondhus T-handle Allen wrenches that kb58 provided links to above. I've been very happy with them. I've used some smaller of the sizes almost daily for 5 or 6 years and they have held up really well. Some of the larger sizes I've only used a few times, but was grateful to have them when I needed them. They would make a good gift.

Tom

YOU'RE A GOOD WIFE, he is blessed

Back