Help with Age of Hand Plane

G

Grumpy Gator

Forum Guest
Register Today
Found this old plane marked "Marsh N 3" on the toe.
Search of the web tells me the Marsh Co was bought by Stanley arround 1916.
Any help or info greatly appreciated.
*********Thanks**********Gator**********old stuff for sale 006.jpgold stuff for sale 007.jpgold stuff for sale 008.jpg

old stuff for sale 006.jpg old stuff for sale 007.jpg old stuff for sale 008.jpg

By crackie I have the same one, never paid much mind to it, but I'll dig it out

Thanks for the info and the link Brian.
My friends call me Gator,Grumpy is just my disposition.
*************G***********

Hello Grumpy,

I can't help you with the date, but found another Marsh plane. This link may at least, give you more info on it...

http://www.patented-antiques.com/Backpages/T-F-S/miscplanes/2-Size-Planes.html

Cheers.... :)

Brian
Thanks brian,

i was just browsing and came across this thread i have the same plane sitting on my shelf. it has been handed down from my Grandpa to my dad and now to me. The site has some pretty good info on the plane as well as other old hand tools i have laying around

Kel

Thanks brian,

i was just browsing and came across this thread i have the same plane sitting on my shelf. it has been handed down from my Grandpa to my dad and now to me. The site has some pretty good info on the plane as well as other old hand tools i have laying around

Kel

Hello Kel,

I'm glad that you found this thread. I have a couple of friends that I worked with in British Columbia who were from Stienbach and I have driven through your area about a dozen times. Beautiful country and so close to thousands of lakes next door. It always struck me as I was driving from Ontario into Manitoba. The geographical difference is astonishing from one side of the border to the other. There isn't another provincial border that has as stark a difference.

It looks like this make of plane might be worth some serious money if in good condition. I'd like to see some pics of the planes that were handed down to you, if you would oblige.

Cheers... :)

Brian

Back