Help With Emco Fb-2 Mill

marcthorpe

Z axis of my Emco FB-2 mill?"
Registered
can anyone help me with reparing the z axis on my Emco FB-2 mill. i lost the key way and it went downhill from there. i need the whole assembly if possible.

thanks

marc

Welcome Aboard Marc!

It looks like Emco parts are a bit hard to come by. Maybe build your own? Which parts are damaged?

Last edited:
You will need to get the readers some pics. You will get lots of help when we can see what's going on. Best of luck

IMG_1104.JPG IMG_1106.JPG IMG_1107.JPG IMG_1104.JPG IMG_1106.JPG
this is the z axis crank assembly for incremental up / down adjustments. this all started when i lost the key way for the screw shaft that connects with the crank wheel. when i repaired it then i was nervous about the great effort it continued take to move the cutter up and down.
but i could do it. now nothing works. and out of frustration i did all kinds of make-shift approaches noteably a set screw instead of keyway.
also i don't remember if these vwavy washers were part of it or not. at this point i think i need the whole assembly but at least the crank handle and the hardware that stacks up above and below the bearings just below the crank handle.

i think these wavy washers are part of it but i am really not sure.

any help will be appreciated;

thanks

marcIMG_1104.JPG IMG_1106.JPG IMG_1107.JPG

Back