Help with ID and dismantling lathe

Dave, Thank you. So i would be able to get at them inside the cabinet or underneath the headstock between the bed rails?

This is the outboard end of the headstock showing the stud.

Southbend_Heavy_10_headstock_stud_outboard_7911.jpg

The nut is below. It will be much easier to see with the banjo removed. You will need to remove the banjo to get a wrench on the nut.

Southbend_Heavy_10_headstock_stud_nut_outboard_7913.jpg

The inboard end of the headstock has a cover with two small screws. Remove this cover then you will see the stud and nut. Only a partial turn of the wrench. If I recall I could not get a rachet under the nut. I had to use a wrench.

Southbend_Heavy_10_headstock_bed_cover_inboard_7912.jpg

Happy to help. If you do not have one of the lights which is in a headband, I recommend getting one. These can get the light where you are working without needing extra hands.

Good morning,
Well I have made some progress getting the lathe out of the basement. Only the cabinet is left. Having a little trouble getting it apart into smaller parts I can lift. I have posted some pics of the cabinet, any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks, Mark

20171007_072944.jpg

20171007_072623.jpg

20171007_072633.jpg

20171007_072910.jpg

Good progress.

You will need to remove the motor pulley so you can get the shaft which pivots the entire assembly. Take a look at Greg Halligans video re-assembling his countershaft in the base so you can see how the shaft is removed.

Southbend bed assembly video

Back