Help with insulating garage walls/foundation

Not in any order as I am free thinking.
Max out the ceiling. If there space above the ceiling is open, I would spread out house wrap on top of fiberglass insulation. This will reduce the thermal cycling of the air in the insulation. Fiberglass insulation acts only as an air filter when there is air movement, the house wraps slows this down. Cover the the inside with vapor barrier and stop all air leaks. This comes from a study done a few years ago here in Canada.
Sheet the walls with what you want after vapor barrier and insulation.
Dryloc paint on the exposed concrete to reduce humidity and possible mold issues covered or not. I would cover that exposed concrete with 1” or more of foam, covered in wood.
Cover the floor with rubber matting where you can. This will keep your feet warmer!
Will the car live in there? If so use Racedeck where it will be and the rest with Drycor panels. Makes a huge difference on temps and humidity.

My shop is made of insulated structural panels for the walls that has 3 1/2” of foam sandwiched between OSB. Regular stick construction for the roof, insulation is 5” of foam and OSB interior. I covered the concrete pad with a huge one piece rubber mat that I got from a conveyor belt company. Hold back the humidity and no cold feet. I use a ceiling mounted radiant heater.

Back