Help with lathe

Hi All

Ok. So the lathe is now done. Needless to say i still don't have any info or documentation on it....seems impossible to find

20170612_174519[1].jpg

Whatever it is, it's a good looking lathe: very nice job on the re-build. Are you using it yet?

Hi

Thank you for the compliment. Much appreciated..

Only made 2 or 3 cuts today. Seems great. Will check tomorrow to see how accurate it is. Just did a quick check today with a micrometer on different spots on the steel i cut and got the same reading every time...hoping for the best

Found some tooling in the toolbox i got with my Myford. Not sure what it is or how to use it. Can anybody please help.

20170612_174802[1].jpg

20170612_174811[1].jpg

GE, here's a photo of a lathe from Google described as a Nettuno Pasquino. While not identical, it looks very similar to yours,
particularly in some details. Perhaps Pasquino, which was also a lathe maker bought out Nettuno at some time. There is info on
Pasquino here: http://www.lathes.co.uk/pasquino/
You might send an email to tony@lathes.co.uk to see if he knows more about them. I imagine he'd be interested in your lathe.

e9598b3f89465ad0b1c6f5de847d8537_orig.jpg

Your 'tooling' is a "Box Tool". It mounts in the tailstock and as you crank it into the work it turns two diameters, if you have both tools set. It's more of a Turret Lathe tool than an engine lathe tool. They (box tools) are the very devil to get set right. You have to adjust one cutting tool and two roller bearings for each diameter.

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Think it's best i leave it in the toolbox for now...;)

Back