Help with Mill/drill

I'm not sure what you are asking- you have a switch that will work (Zhuco) with the diagram I provided (post #15)
Your TaoBao switch would not work with my diagram, but should work when connected like the original one (jumpers shown post #12)
So, you have two possible ways to go
I'm curious, is reverse really very useful on a milling machine? I can't see what it would be used for

Last edited:
sorry, i didnt realize that diagram was for the zhuco. should have been able to figure that out. thanks very much for the diagram! i wish i knew more about electrical, still working on it. help is greatly appreciated.

mark--you beautiful SOB, that got it! hooked up the zhuco the way you said and works perfect, forward and reverse. thanks so much, you made my day. if you send me your venmo address I will buy you some beer or a pizza. you rock. thanks again.

as far as the reverse goes--im not entirely sure. you could use it to do either climb or conventional milling without having to move x/y i suppose.

Climb milling would not involve reversing the spindle AFAIK that's why I was wondering just what reverse would be good for on a vertical mill
Unless you happened to have left-handed endmills. On a horiz mill yes cuz you can flip the cutter around.
Glad you got it working! No pizza necessary :)
-M

Last edited:
yep. you are completely right. end mill only cuts in one direction. reverse wouldnt be a good idea. the learning curve is pretty steep for me. thanks for all the help dude.

I did this sketch for another member who just needed forward, no reverse. Much simpler as you can see.
-M

Attachments

• HFmill120vcol1a.jpeg
    HFmill120vcol1a.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 16
Back