Help with my Sheldon 12" Shaper Re-build

Glad to hear he helped you out! I've never interacted with Jim, but his website is *very* informative and interesting -- he's clearly knowledgeable and meticulous in his work. I have gotten some help from John Knox dealing with my Sheldon-Sebastian, and he's quite literally the expert on Sheldon machines of all stripes. I'll be looking forward to living vicariously through your rebuild, so keep posting things! We're all thrilled to see a piece of old iron come back to life, and glad to be a sounding board when you're figuring out how to fix it up.

Cheers,
Will

Hi gang! I’m new to this forum and loving it!
I recently came across a fairly banged up Sheldon 12” Shaper that I’ll be rebuilding this summer. Thrills me to death to be able to save this kind of old iron from being scrapped. It’s missing the tool head assembly, a handful of not-too-difficult cover castings, and both guide/indexing arms that I do need to either machine up or re-cast. It sure would be great though to have a few pictures and get some measurements of those original parts before I start. I must also admit the clutch arm and coax cable hookup have me baffled. Anybody out there have a working Sheldon Shaper in your shop or know where I can look at one first hand to do this? It wouldn’t require any disassembly and I’m guessing perhaps 30 minutes or so for me to take the pics and measurements. I’ll be more than happy to donate to your shop’s “project funds bucket” as well. I'm hoping to find a forum member out there who will allow me to swing by for a few moments or who can direct me to the right place. Your thoughts? Doesn't matter where it is as I work for the airlines so can generally fly anywhere on pretty short notice.
Thanks so much for your help!
RL Fort
Seattle, WA
View attachment 264329View attachment 264327
sheldon-b-jpg.264328

View attachment 264328

RLFort, it's been a few years since you posted, but curious how your project turned out. I have a similar machine, except it's a Vernon. Not sure the year. It has a Vernon plate on front but no serial number has been stamped on the plate.

Back