Help with removing Bearings, 6" Rockwell Belt Sander

Has anyone removed/replaced the bearings in the upper roller/drum?
There are 2 lock nuts on both ends and a notched not looks like a pre-load bearing adjustment nut.
All removed, but the shaft is rock solid.
Which way to press out?
Thank you!IMG_1061[1].JPG

Nice job. I use mine all the time. Great way for fast stock removal and quick radius’s. A nice little project would be to make a adjustable angle plate for the t slot so your perpendicular to belt face. :encourage:

Glad it worked out for you. When I got my wide belt machine I did not realize how much I would use it. Mines torn down a bit right now for some clean up, fresh paint and Ive got bearings coming for the motor and roller. I got it used and it now needs the repairs.

So nice to get the tools squared away. I picked up an old Craftsman 6 in. belt/9 in. disc for $150 recently. The miter guide from a Craftsman band saw fits perfectly. Nice square parts without side milling. I use the disc more than the belt, wish I had a dedicated table for each.

Nice job. I use mine all the time. Great way for fast stock removal and quick radius’s. A nice little project would be to make a adjustable angle plate for the t slot so your perpendicular to belt face. :encourage:

True, I find myself drawing 90 and 45 degree lines with a Sharpie as a guide. I am making a welding table right now, this sander is great for beveling and de-burring on each end of many pieces.
Considering

Very nice sander!
"they don't make s'm like they used to"...... Old but true saying......
Yeah I remember when I did mine, I was missing the spanner nut and they wanted like $100.00 on "E Replacement"
Ended up making one.
I remember they caution you when pressing that at because money a do it yourself or has broken that casting mine basically fell right apart because it was rigged the spanner nut was missing and they had tapped it for set screws to retain the bearing I mean it worked fortunately for me it just fell apart

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Back