Help with universal tool and cutter grinder instructions

Cadillac

Registered
Registered
I recently purchased a new import tool and cutter grinder. I've gone threw disassembled everything cleaned,stoned,lubed and reassembled. Grinder seems very capable by the uniformative picture instruction paper. Which shows the different cutters it will grind. My problem is I have no experience in tool grinding. Pictures work when ordering food in a foreign restaurant but not for instruction on the setup of a tool for grinding!
Some of my questions are is their a manual out there that teaches the basics on up with tool grinding?
How to zero say a 2 flute end mill so the cutting edges are horizontal and indexed correctly with collet so when you flip 180 it's correct?
Thinking its the alignment of the tool to the machine is my biggest?
I really need to find or make a air spindle for doing flutes on endmills any tips or info would be appreciated!
As for accessories I have two tailstock type matching centers, a articulating spindexer with a mt4 taper. Two arbored 3jaw chucks ID and OD. Multiple centers carbide and hss along with a drive type center I think? I have a bunch of different wheels aluminum oxide, silicon carbide,diamond straight cupped. I need to make a fixture for doing lathe bits square or round but shouldn't be a problem.
So if you have any instructions, tips, tricks, tooling you wanna part with please I'd love to hear. Here's some pics of what I've got. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Yours is very much like a Cutter Master. So, maybe finding a Cutter Master manual can be helpful?...Dave

rename the attached file to extension of .mht (web archive file format)

Its a discussion of grinding the side of endmill flutes

Attachments

• Resharpening and Inspection.txt
    371.7 KB · Views: 268
Here's the same document in PDF:

Attachments

• ITS Techpage-Resharpening.pdf
    268.9 KB · Views: 960
Back