Help

Hi Tony,

Any news from Social Security yet?

Tom

No Tom, Thanks,
They're taking there good old time, here it is mid December, they have not sent me the review.
I did make an appointment with the doctor that helped me in the hospital to get the benefits in the first place.
But then at the last minuet, they called, and said I couldn't see him, he wasn't going to be in the office, did I want to wait till February , or did I want to see his other doctor, his new associate?
I said I better see his new associate, So I went, and I wanted to see about something for my feet, as since it got cold out, they are worse, even in the house. But I mentioned that I had also gone to this other health care clinic, and he said, well you have to decide if your going to go there, or here,
cause I don't have there lab work. (Now, I didn't know I wasn't allowed to see more than 1 doctor. he meant as my primary care though I guess)
But this guy made me feel like a crook, like I was trying to pull something over on him, and on SS, and on my workplace.
Now, maybe that is not what he thought, or his intention, but I just didn't like the way he acted.
he was like " I don't know what you need from me for SS" (I mean he was serious, I guess he didn't know, But OK doctor, guess what, I don't either, thats why I'm here.

Everyone says he is such a good doctor, and a nice guy, maybe he is, I just didn't like the way he was acting. He acted like he wanted to get me back to work, mean while, I am the one that feels like I am standing on Ice, Not him.
Also, I am almost better off On disability, and my free state provided insurance.
This insurance does not pay the doctors as well, but I don't usually have very much co pay, if any.
The Insurance from work, when I go to the doctor, it's $20.00 or $25.00 Co pay, with this it's $4.00.
Last operation I had, If I could not get a charity write off due to income, it would have cost me $6,000.00 co pay. With the sate insurance, it was (the co pay) written off)

It is a sad State of this country, when a man is better of on Government assistance, than he is working.

And there is not a ton of motivation to go back to this job, as they don't seem to be wanting to better me. Your just a number there.

And I asked him to write me a note to stay off work till the end of February, and it was a big deal,
and He acted like he wanted to get me back to work, and he had to talk to the nurse, cause "She takes care of the paper work"
When I called later that day, the girl at the desk told me the nurse could not write it, it was up to the doctor, I said, "well, that is one of the reasons I came in", (Discuss SS Disability, note for work,)
She said she would "run it by" the doctor. And I was to call in the next morning.
The appointment was on the 19th of November , and he only wrote the slip till the 19th of this month. (December)
I went back to the health clinic, she got me on something for my feet (not working)
and got me off till the 5th of January...........(Not "written in stone")

See, if SS does not let me stay on, I don't want to loose this job, it's not the greatest in the world, but it's the best I'll do at my age, and for this area.
But too bad this didn't happen a year later, If I leave there now, I am only 59, and have only 4 1/2 years there, you have to be there at least 5 years, and be 60 years old, to get any retirement.
I think I would get about $180.00 a month, that would help.
But if I leave now, I get nothing, just what I paid in.

So, anyways, I don't think I am going back to that doctor, I don't like the way he acted, and the one nurse you have to talk to, is real mean and intimidating, and I am afraid to talk to her.
I don't need that.

But see this page here?
http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/rfcdownloadhome.html
and here is the form if you wanted to look at it real quick
http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/sites/default/files/Residual_Functional_Capacity_Form.pdf

I have the PA, at the health clinic, (the one I always see, ) filling out this form, and depending on what it looks like I can send it to SS along with my review papers they send.
I sort of wish they would get on with it, though, so I know what I am doing, this is making me quite nervous.
Well I guess this is getting a little long, but there are lots of details.

well Now The PA cant fill it out, they said a PT would have to do it, and the PT does not take Medicaid, and they want $350.00 for the exam and to fill the papers out,
So Maybe I don't need the form.

Back