Help

A lesion in and of itself is not a life threatening problem. It can have many causes. I imagine the Dr. would have given you some indication. Mine always do, based on their prior experience. Not always right, but generally they are.

Let's all hope for the best possible result for you!

I hope all goes well for you and you have good news.
A lesion in and of itself is not a life threatening problem. It can have many causes. I imagine the Dr. would have given you some indication. Mine always do, based on their prior experience. Not always right, but generally they are.

Let's all hope for the best possible result for you!
Thanks Guys, I will try to stay positive.

I had my first one at 52. I have one every 2 years now. So far I have been lucky. Good luck.

"Billy G"

Thanks Bill, Just have to wait for the results. My stomach has been bothering me a while too, they need to find out what is causing it.
He said He didn't know if the lesion was causing it or not.

Tony, I hope This is not a bad question, but did you brother make it?
Mine was cancer, but he said he got it all out.
I am taking Chemo as a precaution though.
4 more treatments to go, every other week.
Day 1 beats the crap out of me.
Also had to get an Ileostomy, But they are optimistic that it can be reversed.
It was a tough battle for a while, but I am doing pretty good now.

Congrats on getting the test! I discovered I had rectal cancer when I could no longer pass anything. On the up side, the removal of everything from my descending colon to daylight cured my lactose intolerance, was the ultimate cure for hemorrhoids, reduced my paper work, and endowed me with the ability to embroider the snow in TWO colors if I pinch the tail of the bag like a cake decorator. Surviving and joking about it for 12 years at age 67. BTW: I got to the point where I could "shot-gun" a pint of barium in a matter of seconds. I use the empty "Golytely" jugs for carrying water for my hopper cooled engines at shows.

mrbreeze, (Tony), I'm glad to hear that your procedure enabled a treatment to begin, and hopefully will put this problem behind you. I am guessing that when you read my post you thought I may have written it. As much as I'd like to claim it, I did not. A comedian named Dave Barry did, and it was his brother who was diagnosed with cancer. I do have a brother, not yet 50, but I am already working on him about it so he doesn't put it off. I'm due for another test within the next year, and hopefully will be a non-event yet again.

Tony

Hilarious long post,Tony! I have had those colonoscopys for years. The first ones were done awake just in the primary care doctor's office. They didn't go in as deep back then. The last 3 or 4 have been fully asleep. One time they did not quite get me fully asleep,and I was helpless but felt the procedure. So,every time, I caution them that I am a large person,so be sure to get me ALL the way asleep. So far since then,they have.

What I hate is the day long prep,and that stuff you have to drink gets really revolting. Beef and chicken bullion gets very tiresome too. Every time I go back,I have 1 more polyp than last time. Had 4 this time. So far though,no cancer.

I already had prostate cancer at age 57,so I know I am not immune.

I hate the prep also, but the prep i took was an 8oz bottle you mixed in a 12 or 16 oc cup. Wish i could remember the name. you follow it up by drinking 2 more full cups of plain water within 45 minutes. all this is from memory. Anyway seems like you do it again the following morning . I did the same prep b4 my colonoscopy as i did the night b4 my surgery. Im sure your doctor will know the name of it. Please dont put this off. My colon was clean but the cancer in my rectum was so large they barely got the probe through my rectum into my colon. I went through radiation and chemo every week day for a month to try and shrink the tumor. 6 weeks later i had my surgeries. That was nov 20 2013. They first removed a small bellon button tumor i had. Then because they were there, i suppose, they removed my appendix. Then then started with the cancer in my rectum. when they got my margins clear, because they kept checking and removing more tissue til it was, I had no sphincter muscle left. They took my entire rectum out , so then thet had to do a colostimy on me. Two days later my surgeon came and told me that my pathologist results couldnt have been any better. My margins were all clear ,and my lymph nodes were clear. I am not quite over this as i am still doing chemo treatments just as a precation because they shrank the tumor b4 they removed it. I have 10 weeks to go with this chemo.After 7 mos, i finally returned to work. It feels great. And trust me this ostimy bag is no big deal. I feel better now than i did a year ago. I carry a small backpack with a change of clothes and ostimy supplies with me whever i go. I usally have this in my car. At work i have an ostimy kit and a change of clothes there. I have never needed the clothes but i am always prepared. It's just part of my life now. My surgeon told me if i hadnt of went in i woulda prolly had 2 years top to live. And with a few weeks the cancer would have been in my lymph nodes, then its just a matter of time, with chemo the rest of your life. So i really consider my self lucky in a way. The most humbling thing I have ever seen is small children alot worse than me.Never had a chance to experience life. If I can help anyone with this, feel free to pm me. For some reason its a whole lot easier talking to someone who has/had cancer. You get past all that sympathy stuff. My surgeon had a very direct and honest attitude. Warned me of all the possible outcomes, and I was prepared for the worst. He didnt sugarcoat anything. I personally liked that.

Last edited:
Back