hembrug dr1s lathe

dennisrk

Registered
Registered
hello from -30c Alberta. i recently purchased a Hembrug dr1s lathe and its in fairly good shape. will tear down and clean,and repaint ,and relubricate with proper oils and grease, and then learn how to run it. im a metal lathe newbie, i have turned a bit of brass on my wood lathe, but this will be my lathe. i would like to know age, and the proper colors , as i have seen them in grey, tanny beige, and green and yellow combo. hopefully this winter will get it cleaned up and running and set into place. thx for any help. serial number C 1068T

That is supposedly a very nice machine. Can't speak to the age or offer any expertise, but there is some decent information at the link below that might help. Good luck, and put up some pictures when you get a chance. We like those!

http://www.lathes.co.uk/hembrug

-frank

Sounds like an interesting machine. Pictures please? Can you tell us the story of how it came to you?

i had purchased a standard modern 1120 from a friend and took it apart and got it all cleaned up and relubed,didnt need paint and was too busy tol use it after i got it done. then im cruising that darn ki____ in Ont____ and found the Hembrug. talked to the owner and we made a deal, sight unseen,im a trusting guy and he sounded real. sold the SM and waited for the Hembrug to be shipped out and then it took a few days to get it unwrapped and off the pallet. PO had done a great job of wrapping it up. got it end of november and have been really busy with the good weather trying to get a foundation for a house in ,so only had a few hours here and there. started to do a tear down on the cross slide and tailstock. man this thing is jewel like on the inside, fit of everything is nice and the machining seems great. even some handscraping(of course im a newbie to the metal lathe scene, but it seems really well made).will try to get some pics on later this week. lathes uk is a great source of info for this machine and ive been going there for years.
hope to find out when it was built and im thinking the color was yellow and green,there is some yellow paint under the tanny stuff that has been splashed all over it.

Back