Hendey Lathe Refurbish

Nogoingback

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Of course there's interest. It's what we do around here.
I guess having two of these lathes means you're considered "Hendey" around the house...

rabler

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Would anyone have any interest in another Hendey refurbish thread? Or is one enough?
I'm really not trying to bore anyone to tears...
Thanks- Bear
I like rebuilding machines myself, even if I'm not up to the quality of work you do. For that reason, I'm interested in more refurbishing threads. My challenge is that I never really *finish* refurbishing, I just keep playing with things.

AllenHendey

Registered
Registered
I am about to start refurbishing this Hendey, and have been debating on whether to do a build thread on it, or not...

Would anyone have any interest in another Hendey refurbish thread?
+ 1 for interest in more Hendey restoration. Who knows what we'll learn from this one that the first didn't teach us? You did a great job illustrating and explaining your last restoration, so if you can share this next project we'll all be grateful.
Do you take requests? If you could make #3 a Hendey gear head lathe, I'd be even more excited about that!
:)

682bear

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Of course there's interest. It's what we do around here.
I guess having two of these lathes means you're considered "Hendey" around the house...

Ummm... 3... a 12" and, now, 2 14"s...

Yeah, I know... :laughing:

Hey, what about that Pratt and Whitney 1909 lathe.
Now there's a project

I'm thinking... just thinking...

I like rebuilding machines myself, even if I'm not up to the quality of work you do. For that reason, I'm interested in more refurbishing threads. My challenge is that I never really *finish* refurbishing, I just keep playing with things.

Thanks, I just do what I can, right or wrong... just try not to make it worse.
+ 1 for interest in more Hendey restoration. Who knows what we'll learn from this one that the first didn't teach us? You did a great job illustrating and explaining your last restoration, so if you can share this next project we'll all be grateful.
Do you take requests? If you could make #3 a Hendey gear head lathe, I'd be even more excited about that!
:)

Thanks! Maybe one day I'll run across a gearhead, I'm definately not ruling that out.

Ok, I'm convinced... I'll start another build thread on the 14 x 8. Be looking for 'Another Hendey Refurbish', coming soon!

I'm glad someone else is getting something out of what I'm doing... I know I'm enjoying it!

-Bear

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock