Herbert Schmidt

kd4gij

Active User
Registered
Is anyone familiar with these old .22 revolvers?

If my memory is correct , there German or Austrian made . They were well made if there the ones I'm thinking of. Pictures may help.

I was given one that was missing grips. I made a set. But looking on Numrich gunparts.com They list a .22 mag cylinder for it. I was wondering If the barrel will take the wmr or If I would need a barrel also.

.22lr.png

Last edited:
Its just like a ruger single 6 or the newer heritage .22lr pistols. I wasnt aware they had a mag cylinder available or i would have kept mine and not given it to my buddy.

If I can shoot .22wmr through this barrel I will get the cylinder. I know the diameter is slightly larger for WMR

Well found a .22mag cylinder on eBay, It is on the way

Well the diameter difference is .001 between wmr and lr. Look and see if the barrel for a herbert schmidt 22wmr pistol is the same number as a lr pistol. Im willing to bet it is the same. I guarantee theres .001 variation between bullets in a 550 round box of 22lr. If it were mine i would get the cylinder and go for it.

I think heritage makes a model with both cylinders, ruger ,s&w , Taurus. Many make them to shoot both. The cylinder is the chamber , no worries of headspace. Only one thing to Ck is on lockup of the cylinder make sure it lines up with the bore , the barrel spacing between cylinder too. On a 22 it's not as critical as in larger bores.

I looked up the specks on wiki and the show .22lr as .223-.225 and .22wmr as .224 .So my barrel should be fine. The cylinder should be here tomorrow.
Numrich gunparts.com Uses the same parts list and numbers for Heritage as they do for my Schmidt.

Back