Hercus 260 Lathe Manual

battleofarnhem

Registered
Registered
I am sorry if this has been discussed already however I have been having issues looking for an obtaining the manual for this lathe. I was wondering if anyone has a copy of the complete Hercus 260 lathe manual they wouldnt mind sharing.

Thanks,

Hi,

Welcome to the fourm, the 260 looks like a nice hobby lathe, please post some pictures of yours so people can see what you're talking about.

Lathes.co.uk page, lots of photos.

And the company seems to still be around and offering rebuilds, you might contact them directly.

Lots of things with small lathes apply across brands so don't hesitate to ask questions about specific issues you're having....

John

Thank you for the reply John, I actually have the Southbend GS26-075( basically the Hercus Model 260 Lathe) that I purchased earlier in this year. I will try to add photos later today when I get home from work. I am looking to start disassembling the head-stock in order to replace a broken belt tensioner. I wanted to get my hands on a copy of the manual so I can review prior to starting the disassembly process. It looks like the belt tensioner broke from the previous owner and they attempted to braze the cast iron part back together. I purchased the replacement parts already.

Please find the attached photo of the lathe as received. The lathe didnt see much use however it is covered with all the usual dust from sitting for so many years.

Attachments

• output.jpg
    output.jpg
    694.9 KB · Views: 22
Looks like a worthy project.

Have you checked with Grizzly?

Back