Here Is My Shop!

TakeDeadAim

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
This is coming late, what a surprise building a shop had delays! The area I am showing in this thread is 25'x30'; which is half of a 30'x50' pole building. The other half serves as our garage and storage area and also houses my air compressor, nice to not have to hear that thing running, as well as storage areas for hardware, parts and materials.

This was a project many years in planning and one of those things that I put off way too long, in some ways I think because I thought I did not deserve it. Of course the things that happen in everyone's life that become priorities jumped in line a few times as well. You all know, the septic system needs replacement, the car that gives up two years before you wanted it to and then some health issues. Anyone who has paid for any kind of major health issues in the past 6-8 years knows what I mean. That 20% co-pay adds up!

I think the only advantage of the delay was the chance to look at a lot of shops and design and re-design this one a dozen times. The lathe I have had for several years, it and a bench top mill lived in a small shed off the back of the house. Now I have the room I need to add a few things and some space to work. Sorry if I got carried away with the photos.
L1000801.jpg L1000800.jpg L1000802.jpg L1000806.jpg L1000807.jpg L1000805.jpg L1000803.jpg L1000809.jpg L1000808.jpg L1000804.jpg

Very very nice sir!

Any machinist, craftsman, or active mechanic would love to have a shop as clean and well outfitted as you have yours.

Awesome shop................
Thanks for sharing the pictures.....There can never be too many.Flustered

Rick

I could be very comfortable in that shop! Very nice setup.

what a beautiful shop!
you should be very proud to work in it!

You'll wear yourself out travelling between work stations, they should be much closer together.

That's a very nice workspace TDA. And, some pretty spiffy tools to fill it up, too.

Back