Here we go again !

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Ugh . Most likely will acquire the pictured machines and all that goes with them . Lots of tooling and cutters , boxes , saws etc . Not familiar at all with the Jet lathe or WMC mill at all and will probably unload them . Anyone owning these machines please chime in with the pros and cons of them . Unfortunately , the machinist has passed and his wife wants to clean out the basement . And unfortunately again , there is no outside entrance to the basement which means lugging this stuff up inside stairs thru the house and out to the curb . Sounds like a lot of work for such a small gain . Thoughts ?

IMG_9343.JPG

IMG_9344.JPG

IMG_9345.JPG

IMG_9346.JPG

IMG_9347.JPG

IMG_9348.JPG

IMG_9358.JPG

IMG_9361.JPG

IMG_9364.JPG

Doesn't take a great footprint, nor does it lend itself to lengthy work. It could always be set up for some sort of second operation. Most of us could find a place for it, myself excluded. Had I the space (which I don't) I'd be happy to have it and it's accessories.

Oops, I'd only seen the image of the lathe. Yeah, there's a lot of space there.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I have the space just moving all my bigger equipment out :rolleyes: I guess it would be nice to have a small lathe and mill on hand at the house without taking up the whole garage and basement ! I have to make a decision to let it slide or jump on it . ( I believe the Gerstner is not a Gerstner as the hardware is not stamped ) All mine are clearly marked unless they changed over time ?

Which hardware are you referring to? The only place I recall seeing Gerstner on the hardware was on the lock. Drawer pulls, latches, etc, were not marked. There's been a couple variations on the lock over the years.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hey, I am in Annapolis and looking for a small mill or mill/drill, so may be interested in the WMC. Is that other machine a drill press?

All my latches and locks have Gerstner on them . They are older boxes from the 30s though . The box in question has a Kennedy lock on it and just a Gerstner sticker on it so I'm not sure exactly what it is .

Dan , I'll keep in touch as to this stuff . Yes , it is a drill press pictured there also .

Thanks. It sounds like you may need help carrying everything out so if you decide to part with the mill/drill maybe we can work out a deal. Just a thought if you don't have other manpower.

Back