Hey all you MOTHERS ,, 25% off at Harbor Freight

Ahhh, now that sounds like "The mothers of invention". Thanks for the tip. Mike

harborfreight25percentoffcoupon.jpg
did A search and came up with this.
Mods, Hope this is OK.
I noticed the coupon was not included in the OP.
How is Everybody been?
I know I have not been around much.
Who was The fellow that helped convince me to keep Cleopatra the Calico Cat, that Got mean, After she was left alone for the most part while I was in the hospital.
Cleopatra and I are doing well, she is a changed cat, and my best buddy.
thanks again to that fellow, can't recall his username.
Cleo FB.jpgharborfreight25percentoffcoupon.jpgCleo FB.jpg
Isn't She A Pretty Girl?

I have a different brand. Mine is a slider.

Whatever saw you purchase, you should calibrate the fence before cutting. These machines have fixed pivot on the blade/motor assembly. The fence typically has a few bolts to mount to the base. This often moves during transportation.

I loosen the bolts and use a square to get the fence 90 deg to the blade.

Also check the detent for 0 deg tilt, especially if you are cutting molding. So easy for any cuts slightly off to show up in the molding.

I don't have one of these ... but two thoughts:
1. The laser may or may not be well aligned. Just check it carefully if you plan to use it. For instance, which side of the kerf does it indicate?
2. The blade that comes with the saw looks would be great for 2x4s, bot may be a bit coarse for molding work. I use a 60 tooth blade on my 10 incher.

Saw should be OK otherwise.

I have a different brand. Mine is a slider.

Whatever saw you purchase, you should calibrate the fence before cutting. These machines have fixed pivot on the blade/motor assembly. The fence typically has a few bolts to mount to the base. This often moves during transportation.

I loosen the bolts and use a square to get the fence 90 deg to the blade.

Also check the detent for 0 deg tilt, especially if you are cutting molding. So easy for any cuts slightly off to show up in the molding.

Sounds like good advice. Thanks.

Back