Hf 4" X 6" Bandsaw Blade

Ski

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Hello everyone, I recently picked up the bandsaw with coupuns for 179.00 . I put it together finding discrepencies in the Instructions but got it done. The saw had a couple rattles that I took care of and that is pretty much it. I flushed the gearbox and changed the gear lube. I am wondering what blades are out there that others have used with good luck? I cut a bunch of 1/8 wall 3/4 x 3/4 square tubing with it and it needs some tuning as far as square cuts but I will wait until I have a new blade to do that. This blade must have been welded by a drunk as it jumps at least a 1/8 inch evetytime it rolls around. Ski

I use the irwin blades from enco. You probley are braking teath off gutting tubing like that. a band saw isn't the best for thin wall tubbing. With that said get the highest tooth count blade you can get.

I use an 18-tooth pretty exclusively with good results. Tube much like you're cutting as well as thicker material. I buy off the rack instead of mail order and always go for the ones with the best welds.

-frank

Lennox are my favorite blades. As to the tooth count I use the blade that will give me two teeth in the material.

I use the irwin blades from enco. You probley are braking teath off gutting tubing like that. a band saw isn't the best for thin wall tubbing. With that said get the highest tooth count blade you can get.
Is that ur call ? Kilo Delta 4?

Yes it is. haven't been to radio active the last couple of years though.

Yes it is. haven't been to radio active the last couple of years though.
More shop active here myself. N9XM but there is always tomorrow!

I had been buying the HF blades. I never had one wear out. They break at the weld before. I now buy a reel of bandsaw blade from Enco and silver solder them. MUCH better life.

ronzo

Lennox are my favorite blades. As to the tooth count I use the blade that will give me two teeth in the material.
I agree 100%

I started using the lenox diemaster 2 bi-metal bandsaw blades I bought two years ago and I am still on the first one and I cut a lot. They are excellent blades.

I got them from https://www.toolcenter.com for like $25

I use carbon steel blade from local supplier, mainly because they are the only ones available. But they are also considerably less expensive than bimetal blades. If you run into a hard spot, both blades will be trashed. I wouldn't be happy trashing a $30 blade.

For tooth pitch, I usually use 14 tpi as it does a respectable job on most work. My use runs from 16 g. aluminum to 3/4" aluminum and steel plate to 3" & 4" rounds, along with some tool steels and stainless just for kicks. I have used 20 tpi when I was doing a lot of thin wall tubing and 6 & 8 tpi when I was cutting aluminum plate.

When cutting thin stock with the 14 tpi blade, I feed slowly. If I am cutting off tubing, I back the cutting pressure down and support the arm with my hand to slow down the cut when the blade hits the more vertical portion of the wall. This helps to prevent jammming and shearing of teeth.

Bob

Back