Hf 7x10 Slop In Compound Slider Adjustment

grepper

Registered
Registered
If I tighten the compound slider and then turn the adjustment knob in the other direction there is about .004” (according to the dial) before it engages and moves the slide. This is not thread backlash but appears to be slop between the washer and the frame of the slider shown here:

slop_zpsabffnm5m.png

Anyone know of a solution? Can the washer be pressed on tighter? Remove the washer and shim behind it? If so how does it come apart?

I have not tried anything at this point, just hoping someone has seen this problem and has a solution.

slop_zpsabffnm5m.png

slop_zpsabffnm5m.png

slop_zpsabffnm5m.png

slop_zpsabffnm5m.png

slop_zpsabffnm5m.png

Check behind the handwheel my 8x14 hf lathe has a spring washer and a crappy nylock nut the nut loosens up and it gets sloppy i plan to re make the screw out of 4140 as mine has some significant wear, and will address thread fit and shoulder tolerances then.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

It has been to long since I adjusted mine to remember what I did but I do remember I screwed it up. My indicator wouldn't say put after & it would spin freely so I couldn't keep track of where it was. I do remember that my fix was to put a thin o ring inside to hold tension. The o ring has been in there a few years & works great.

Back