HF/Bauer Portable Band Saw, MK Morse Blades, and 0.020" blades?

Splat

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Guys, I just picked up a HF/Bauer portaband and was thinking of trying an MK Morse 811 8/11 variable tooth blade on it. Specifically, this one. I was going to try the Lenox Diemaster 2 but either way I'd have to order them in. I've heard very good things of the Morse 811 blades over time but never tried one. The only thing is the Bauer saw takes 0.025" thick blades and the Morse is 0.020" thick. I usually just do straight cuts in steels with my old horizontal saw and don't see doing contoured cuts with the Bauer. I've always used the same blade thickness on my horizontal so I'm clueless here. Will there be problems using the thinner blade? Anyone use the Morse 811 blade and care to comment on it? Thanks.

Splat, im pretty sure they have Morse blades there. I picked one of those saws up over a year ago and remember buying two packs (2 blades each) of Morse blades. If memory serves they were about $12. a pack.

I wasn't sure if it would track well in the bearings. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
The bearings should be on an eccentric bolt for adjusting.

I have used both Mk Morse 811 and Lenox blades on my portaband but I prefer to use Milwaukee blades, they stay sharp longer and Dont break as often as the other two brands mentioned.

Back