HF Bench Grinder Pedestal?

My grinder is mounted to a piece of plywood with a 2x2 cleat. It gets clamped in a Workmate, used and then returned to gather dust on the shelf until I need it again, which isn't that often. I used to have it on a stand but it wasn't all that stable because I wasn't willing to drill into my shop floor to mount it, and I had to carry the thing when it got in the way and it was heavy. Gave the stand away, threw the thing on the shelf and pull it out rarely for rough grinding. My belt sander gets far, far, far more use. The belt sander is on a rolling stand with locking wheels - best idea for me.

My Rockwell 9” belt sander is one of the most useful and used tools in my shop

Does anyone have experience with it? It’s 11x10.25. I need it for my Dewalt 6”.
I’ll take a look at it next weekend, but would be curious to hear here in advance. Of course HF says it’s predrilled but doesn’t say the hole slot widths. I’m guessing it’s probably ok on that score.

Thanks!
Tim
The one that jas 4 legs and sorta lools like a stool (the cheaper one) i have no experience with but the "heavy duty" version with the single large heavy walled tube is the one i have and i have 0 complaints about it. Its very sturdy and somewhat heavy which is a plus. For the $10 or so difference i would definitely buy it again over the cheaper version simply because ots also much easy to assemble!

Back