Hf Blast Cabinet

dlane

Active User
Registered
went to a garage sale yesterday and picked up the hf blast cabinet with legs the big red one $40.00 :drunk:
It looks new except glass is lightly scratched, I'll polish that out . Wish I could get a smoke bomb and set it off inside to see where it needs sealing. Also need to get a vac that traps the fine dust somehow.

Unless the guy that put it together used caulking, it will need sealing at every seam/joint

No smoke bomb needed- positive pressure it through a glove hole and run a lit candle around the edges- when the flame dances- its leaking there. A friend had one in his shop where we spray-coated the entire inside with epoxy resin with a white (reflective) coloring... the outside edges each got a strip of 1x1 aluminum angle with caulk along the inside bend.

He also added a "Dust Deputy" under the stand and it catches a tremendous amount of the particulate.

This added about 7-10 pounds to it- but its lasted him about 5 years now and he uses it fairly regularly.

I hooked up a dust collector with a shop vac to a homer depot 5 gallon bucket with some h2o in it another line from there to my cabinet. Mine is a different make and I 'm sure they used the same underpowered light.

It's just going to have to go out side when used, yup the light is also lame.

Is it the current model, or the older model?

Don't know it's got a black plastic door , 12v inside light , looks like the current one on HF web site
The seams have what looks like weather strip in them , it's the red floor model .
Came with some black media in it , ran it for about ten mins didn't see any leeking out,
Gona need to get a dedicated vac with a good filter for it.
Thanks for the help

I also use the dust deputy and the home depot bucket vac. I needed a hose adapter to go from 2.5 to 1.25 (I think not positive on size)

The dust deputy collects 95% + of the the stuff. The bucket vac has a small filter and this keeps it clean to keep the suction going.

I also added a baffle over the outlet side of the cabinet, similar to the inlet side. This helps keep the media in but let the dust out.

I also put a bigger tube over the pickup tube that extends up out of the media. This helps to stop the pulsing in the gun.

Thanks I have a dd headed this way, the outbound baffle sounds like a plan also.
Thanks

Back