HF Icon Tool Storage - Huh?

You can still find Vidmars , Listas Waterloos around . I would rather pay the used prices on these boxes .

You can still find Vidmars , Listas Waterloos around . I would rather pay the used prices on these boxes .
I'd love to find a used Vidmar or Lista but around here they are gold and never even get close to a standard HF box.

I just bought a US General box form HF and I am very pleased with it. That is a crazy price for the "Icon" and the price comparison to SnapOn is a little artificial. I don't know anyone who has paid list price. Also, you can get some really nice ones on the secondary market.
Robert

I have 4 HF US General boxes and am very happy with all of them. I think the problem HF will have selling the 4-10 times more expensive boxes is the US General's will be setting right next to the Icon's. Tough to justify the cost difference when US General meets the needs of 99.9% of us. Almost like putting your hands on a CDCO BXA tool holder for $12-$13 and an Aloris at $65; do I take 5 of these or 1 of those.

Bruce

I have 4 HF US General boxes and am very happy with all of them. I think the problem HF will have selling the 4-10 times more expensive boxes is the US General's will be setting right next to the Icon's. Tough to justify the cost difference when US General meets the needs of 99.9% of us. Almost like putting your hands on a CDCO BXA tool holder for $12-$13 and an Aloris at $65; do I take 5 of these or 1 of those.

Bruce
Yeah, I agree, that's sort of what I was thinking when I imagine walking in and seeing one of these monsters next to the U.S. General display. I started reading some of the fine print on these. Looks like they will be putting these ICON products in select stores. So I'm not counting on seeing these anytime soon, not that I could lay down that kind of cash anyway, nor would I want to.

Nobody asked but bang for the buck I feel that Montezuma are very good. Strictly Toolboxes sold them and still might in Various configurations. I was able to change the drawer configuration on my bigger box. Handy if you have limited space but want to get your stuff into an organized tool storage deal. Having everything on casters has been helpful for me to allow for reconfiguring without the need to unpack anon mobile storage box.

Last edited:
Back