HF Jack Stands - Safety Recall

You're fine. The ones in the video have the rack formed so badly he could collapse it with no weight by just wiggling it. Anyone with any common sense would note the wedge not engaging and reject the stand straight away. I Checked all of mine last night, four pair of HF, one Pepboys, and one ???. All of the racks and wedges are fully formed and engage fully. I've been using them for years, and will continue to use them.

Thank you for posting this. I have a pair with same numbers as listed. I have been using them for holding up the car while changing brakes and rebuilding the front end ball joints and bushings. No problems but I have been in the wheel wells and under the car lots of times. They appear to be engaging solidly but I am not taking a chance. I will take them back. It only takes one slip to get crushed. The small town I grew up in had a one man repair shop. One evening he didn't come home for dinner. Got himself crushed under a bobcat skid steer and no one found him until he was dead.

D

Mine are engaging fully, handle engages fully and angles downward at 20°. Once you watch the video you can see what the problem is.

If you read between the lines of the NHTSA filing, what they say is this is a very recent thing caused by a manufacturing failure. But since they have never done product quality checks on these until the problem was noted, they have no idea exactly how far back it goes. So they are recalling the entire 6 year production by {Chinese manufacturer}

I checked mine out today. I have 4 of them. 2 are the good ones. You can really see the difference when they are next to each other.
Joe20200523_192949.jpg

There is a bunch of these jacks sold under many different brands that look similar

Last edited:
I checked mine out today. I have 4 of them. 2 are the good ones. You can really see the difference when they are next to each other.
Joe

Are your bad ones as sloppy as the video in post #6 shows (at about 1:25) ?
They just drop when he wiggles it!
-brino

Yep, I have a pair of the bad ones. Are the stores open for returns yet?

I didn't check to see if they would drop when I twisted them. The teeth cast in the post are pretty cheesy looking to compared to the one on the right in my picture.
I will take a few more pictures today to show the difference in mine.
Joe

Back